- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Represented by: Blythe Daniel, founder
Blythe started her agency in 2005 working with authors on publicity campaigns and literary agent representation. She continues to work with clients in both capacities.
Her agent clients come from ministries like Proverbs 31 Ministries, Focus on the Family, and Campus Crusade for Christ; media outlets like the Houston Chronicle, ESPN, and Disney; business organizations like Dollar General; and storytellers, professional coaches, pastors, health professionals, television commentators, and educators. She has placed books with Thomas Nelson, Moody, Zondervan, Multnomah, Standard Publishing, Beacon Hill Press, Biblica, Charisma House, New Growth Press, and others.
She is looking for a limited amount of books that fit into these publishing categories:
- Non-fiction: Christian living, spiritual growth, current events, business/leadership, church leadership, marriage and parenting, and new voices (pastors, journalists, professionals).
- Fiction: Preferences include suspense, romantic suspense, women’s contemporary, historical romance, and thrillers.
- Children: Only does a few projects each year—some picture books, middle grade reader series and young adult fiction (not fantasy or science fiction) and non-fiction.
Blythe is not acquiring devotionals unless the author has previously published and there is a clearly unique hook to the devotional. She is not taking on speculative, fantasy, science fiction, or biblical fiction.
Blythe Daniel is a literary agent and marketing consultant and has experience with author acquisitions, marketing, and publicity campaigns. She has had clients on the Today Show, Dateline, Fox News, Good Morning America, The 700 Club, The G. Gordon Liddy Show, The Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post, and LA Times Daily. Blythe was the publicity director and later marketing director for Thomas Nelson Publishers for eight years and worked in public relations and news at a radio station in Nashville while she was a freelance writer to magazines. She has been the product development manager for New York Times bestselling author John Eldredge.