- Book Length
(75,000 – 100,000 Words)
- Novella Length
(30,000 – 74,999 Words
You finished writing your book! Now how do you determine whether it’s ready to submit for publication?
A Christian Writers Guild Full Manuscript Critique will answer your questions.
The mentor who evaluates your writing will be a qualified professional who knows what agents and editors are looking for.
- A substantive, no-holds-barred edit of your first 12,500 words if your manuscript contains more than 75,000 words, or your first 8,750 words if your manuscript contains fewer than 75,000 words.
- Detailed recommendations on
- Fiction: Characterization, Plot, Conflict, Dialogue, Setting, Mechanics, and Overall Quality
- Nonfiction: Market, Opening and Introduction, Content, Organization, Mechanics, and Overall Quality
- Clear guidelines for revising your manuscript
Look for your critique within 60 days after you submit.
How to submit
To prepare you to properly format your submission for editors and agents, we require that you follow these guidelines to ensure your manuscript is accepted:
- Use Times New Roman font, 12 pt
- Double space your copy (no extra space between paragraphs)
- One space between sentences
- Align left justification, not full.
- 1” top and bottom margins; 1.25” side margins
When you’re ready, click on the gold “Submit and Pay” button and follow the directions. Your submission is critiqued and returned anonymously.