Writing for the Soul
Learn about the editors and agents coming to the conference by purchasing the Christian Writer's Market Guide from the Guild Store.
Start planning now how you’ll pitch your writing projects to editors at the Writing for the Soul conference February 16 – 19, 2012. Here is the current list of editors and agents planning to attend. Check back frequently for updates.
Book and magazine editors
Jeana Ledbetter, a vice-president at Worthy Publishing, the publisher for our Operation First Novel 2011 winner, will take appointments. Worthy is a new company made up of several veterans of the Christian publishing industry.
- Abingdon Press: Ramona Richards, editor for fiction, has more than 25 years experience in magazine and book publishing, and has been an editor for Thomas Nelson, Rutledge Hill Press, and Ideals.
- Charisma House: Debbie Marrie is in her eleventh year there and oversees acquisitions and editing for the Siloam and Realms imprints.
- Harvest House: Nick Harrison is a senior editor acquiring both fiction and nonfiction. For the former, the house prefers character-driven novels as opposed to plot- or message-driven.
- Moody Publishers: Deborah Keiser is acquisitions editor for women and fiction. Previously she worked for InterVarsity Press in production and marketing.
- The Upper Room: Jim Stafford joined the staff in 1994 and now serves as associate editor of the magazine.
- CBN.com: Beth Patch, editor and producer, is the daily devotion editor and the WorldReach producer for the website of the Christian Broadcasting Network.
- Hartline Literary: Terry Burns has a substantial list of clients, a growing list of credits, presents to conferences all over the country, and is #3 on the Publisher’s Marketplace list of agents helping debut authors.
- Blythe Daniel Agency: Blythe is an experienced literary agent and marketing consultant.
- Books & Such Literary Agency: Rachel Kent specializes in authors writing fiction and nonfiction for teens, 20-somethings, and 30-somethings.
- Les Stobbe Agency: Les has worked as an editor, consultant, and literary agent for more than 50 years. He is the Christian Writers Guild’s Executive Editor, a member of the Editorial Board, and a mentor.
Register for Writing for the Soul today and receive the Early Bird discount. Guild members receive an additional discount. Want to save even more? Contact the Guild (866.495.5177) to arrange a roommate and split lodging costs. More information.