Love. Respect. Submission. Forgiveness. The Bible is full of guidance on living out a godly marriage. The trick is to apply that in daily life. The same with parenting.
Every day, we make choices and mistakes, build memories and relationships. And if we pay attention, we also create an idea file for our writing.
Share in a personal experience article how you and your spouse overcame an obstacle. Offer step-by-step guidelines how you:
● build a healthy sexual relationship
● resolve conflict
● choose friends
● make decisions
Start with the issues most important to you. Then ask other parents what’s at the tops of their lists. They may give you ideas you’ve never considered. How do you:
● handle discipline
● make choices about education
● encourage healthy self-esteem
● recognize health problems
● help children adjust to a new baby
Ideas for the Family
The state of your marriage affects the whole family. And the joys and struggles of parenting affect your marriage. How do you:
● live out a godly marriage before your children
● comfort your children through a parent’s death
● maintain stability for children amid a divorce
● keep your marriage strong as you deal with a disabled child
● maintain a united front toward a wayward child
● build family memories
● plan family vacations
● make family meals more meaningful
Tapping into Experts
Include quotes from authorities. Your pastor can give helpful insights and point you to experts. As you interview them, you may discover the nugget of another idea.
Check The Christian Writer’s Market Guide 2013 for publications dedicated to marriage and parenting.
Deborah Christensen is a mentor for the Christian Writers Guild. She has been freelancing since 1989 and serves as a writer/editor with Lighthouse Christian Products Co.
For more than forty years, the Christian Writers Guild has trained people to sell their writing.
Explore www.ChristianWritersGuild.com to learn more about our:
● writing courses
● critique service
● Writing for the Soul conference
● Operation First Novel contest for unpublished writers
Also, consider publishing your book through Christian Writers Guild Publishing — a unique service that combines:
● quality education
● mentored guidance
● professional production
● effective marketing tools
Finish the course — and we’ll publish your book.
Find out more at CWGPublishing.com